Grilled Beef & Kim Chee Tacos
This healthy eating by AlohaCare recipe is low in fat and calories but high in flavor and nutrition using fresh local produce. Visit http://AlohaCare.com to find out how AlohaCare is getting involved in the community.
- 1–1/2 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 2 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seed
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 ounces Korean kim chee
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- Fresh cilantro (parsley) for garnish
1. Put steak into a bag with the olive oil (2 tablespoons), scallions, lime juice, garlic, rice wine vinegar, black sesame and roasted garlic.
2. Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat.
4. Stir in 1/3 of the marinated steak mixture and saute steak to medium-rare (about 1 to 2 minutes). Transfer steak to serving dish. Repeat with remaining steak.
5. Then warm tortillas in the oven or microwave, according to package instructions.
6. To serve, add steak, kim chee, and bean sprouts on warmed tortilla. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime and cilantro garnish.