Try this Ochazuke with Tuna recipe that is so ono over some rice.
Ochazuke with Tuna
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 1/2 tsp green tea**
1 bowl warm cooked rice
1 tbsp croutons or any crunchy cereal
Preserved seaweeds cut into strips
Japanese horseradish (wasabi), optional
Salt to taste
1. Season the tuna with salt and leave for 10 minutes. Broil or grill 5-6 minutes, until slightly brown. Remove the skin and bones, if any, and break up the flesh into flakes.
2. Make the tea broth by adding hot water to the tea leaves.
3. Place the rice in a large bowl and sprinkle tuna flakes over the rice. Add the seaweed, croutons, and, if you wish, a dab of horseradish.
4. Pour as much hot tea as you want onto the rice and eat immediately.
5. Sometimes I substitute the tea for dashi soup
There are no nutritional values recorded for this Ochazuke with Tuna recipe.