Thanksgiving Leftover Gau Gee
Can't think of a better way to get rid of Thanksgiving leftovers than to stuff bits of turkey, stuffing and cranberry in a wonton wrapper with a warm gravy or cool cranberry-pineapple dipping sauce!! You can get real creative with this one...or try putting pieces of pumpkin cheesecake in a wonton wrapper and frying ...served with cold vanilla ice cream!!
1 package of wonton wrappers
leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce
water to moisten wonton wrappers
leftover gravy (or cranberry sauce)
1. Dice up the turkey into small pieces.
2. Lightly moisten one side of wonton wrappers with water. Put a small amount of stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce in the centre of the wrapper. Fold the wrappers in half (rectangles).
3. Put 2 inches of vegetable oil into a pan and heat on stove at 350°F for frying.
4. Place batch of 4 wontons into centre of pan and cook on each side for 1 ½ minutes.
5. Remove batch and place on paper towel to cool.
6. You can use either warm gravy or cranberry sauce thinned out with pineapple juice as a sweet-sour sauce.