Deep Fried Nori Rolls
4-6 ounces Ground chicken (store bought or grind in food processor)
8 large shrimp (minced)
4 Chinese dried mushroom, soften and diced
1/2 carrot, diced
1 scallion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
Salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste
1/2 Tbsp. rice wine
1 tsp. sesame oil
Dash of white pepper
Frozen beancurd sheet, defrost, use as needed (about 3/4 sheet)
Japanese sushi seaweed sheet, use as needed (about 2 sheets)
1. In a bowl, mix filling ingredients together and mix well. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
2. Take the defrosted beancurd sheet, cut into rectangle shape pieces. Set aside. Prepare a bowl of water.
3. Dip one piece of cut beancurd sheet into the bowl of water until softened. Take it out and place some filling in the middle, roll it up and seal it. Finish the rest.
4. Take a piece of seaweed sheet, use a scissor and cut into strips long enough to wrap around rolls. Prepare some cornstarch water as glue (1 Tbsp. cornstarch + 1 Tbsp. water). Roll the seaweed on the beancurd roll and seal the end with the cornstarch water glue. Finish the rest.
5. Heat a wok with medium heat hot oil. Test with a wooden chopstick, when bubbles, it's ready. Drop 4-6 beancurd rolls into the hot oil, deep-fry until golden brown and the filling is cooked. Can take one and cut into half to make sure it's cooked inside. Finish the rest.
6. Drain on paper towel. Cut it into half to serve. Serve warm with condiment of your choice!