On my most recent trip to California, I went to a burger joint called Umami Burger. They received a lot of press about how amazing their burgers were and were rated as the best burger by various polls. I had to try this place! The umami burger was all that and then some...the flavor was out of this world and juicy, not greasy....there is a difference! When I returned home, I went straight to the store to concoct my own version of the famous umami burger. http://umamiburger.com
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (for more daring, savory depth, use 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
- Hamburger buns
- condiments of your choice
1. In bowl, combine all ingredients together.
2. Allow to marinade for about 20 minutes.
3. Gently form meat into a balls, then flatten into a patties. Cook on a skillet or grill. (1/2" patties on a med./high grill take about 3 min. per side for med. rare burger. Heat temp., thickness, etc. all affect cooking times)