Jumbo Prawn Lemongrass Soup
Jumbo Prawn Lemongrass Soup - very simple recipe for a great soup!!
- 20 pieces jumbo prawn
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks lemon grass, bruised with back of knife
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 10 pieces kaffir lime leaves, bruised in hand
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ½ cup regular milk
- 1 small piece galangal (ginger) root, finely minced or grated
- 5 sprigs cilantro, leaves plucked and reserved, stems reserved
- 8 ounces sweet and sour Tom Yum paste
- 10-15 pieces Thai bird chili, minced with seeds, adjust spiciness to taste
Wash the prawns and shell them without removing the tails. Pour the water into a pan. Add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and galangal root. Boil for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, fish sauce, lime juice, milk, Tom Yum paste and simmer for 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add prawns and cook until they turn pink. Finish by adding Thai bird chilies to taste and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.