Duck Fried Rice
Succulent bbq duck stir fried with brown rice and vegetables take ordinary fried rice to the next level!!
- 6 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, peeled, minced (divided)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, (divided)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup snap peas, thinly sliced
- ½ cup carrot, peeled, and diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup Aloha shoyu
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 (6-7) ounce duck breast, boneless
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted
In medium bowl, add ¼ cup soy, ¼ cup oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, ½ teaspoon sesame oil, red chili flakes and the honey. Add the duck and let marinate for 1 to 4 hours.2
Heat a grill to medium high, indirect method. Remove duck from marinade, heat up remaining marinade to 165 degrees and use to baste meat as it cooks. Cook for approximately 8- 10 minutes per side or until instant read thermometer registers 135. Remove to plate, lightly cover with foil and allow to cool.
Combine remaining soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Set aside. Remove the skin from the duck and discard, dice the duck into 1/2” pieces and set aside.
Heat wok, or large skillet on high heat until oil almost begins to smoke. Add ginger, and all vegetables except garlic and green onion. Cook for 3 min, or until vegetables are cooked, then add garlic. Before garlic browns, add rice and cook for 6 minutes to allow crisping on the rice. (Do this in batches if your pan will not hold all the rice without crowding.) Add the beaten eggs and mix rapidly so rice does not stick to sides of wok or pan.
Once eggs are cooked, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and oyster sauce. Mix thoroughly and then add in the duck.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.