Brown Rice Salad w/Maui Onion Vinaigrette
This is a great salad that incorporates whole grains, cooked and raw vegetables with a delicious maui onion vinaigrette!
Brown Rice Salad
- 3 cups cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup asparagus, cooked
- 1/3 cup yellow peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Maui Onion Vinaigrette, recipe below
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Maui Onion vinaigrette:
- 1 whole Maui onion, roasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups salad oil
Order Hawaii's Bento Box Cookbook - Hawaii's Bento Box Cookbook 2nd Course presents a new assortment of imaginative bento and ono dishes that will make lunch a one-of-a-kind treat for even the pickiest of eaters.
Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place all ingredients except the oil in a blender. Blend on medium speed, slowly add the oil in a steady stream to create an emulsion. Continue until all oil is incorporated. Chill until ready to use