Spicy Thai Basil Chicken
Spicy Thai Basil Chicken - A quick and simple dish I often enjoy at my local Thai take out restaurant. It's a go to dish when time is limited.
- ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 15 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, thin chiffonade
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 21 medium Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced
- 3 TB oyster sauce
- 2 Thai bird chiles, seeded, chopped Garnish:
- 2 c. head cabbage, thinly sliced
Place cabbage onto serving platter. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat; warm oil. Stir fry lime leaves and garlic 1 minute. Add chicken, eggplant, oyster sauce and chili peppers. Stir fry 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Toss in basil. Immediately spoon onto bed of cabbage.