Macadamia Nut Hummus w/Taro & Sweet Potato Chips
Keep it fresh, light and local with this amazing macadamia nut hummus made with Hawaiian macadamia nuts, garbanzo beans and macadamia nut oil.
- 1/2 cup roasted Island Princess Hawaii macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 Tablespoons Oils of Aloha® Garlic Isle Macadamia Nut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 10 medium basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Taro & Sweet Potato Chips
- One large taro, peeled and sliced
- One large sweet potato, peeled and slice
- Hot oil for frying
- Sea salt
In a food processor combine all ingredientsand pulse to purée. Serve as a sas a dip with fresh taro and sweet potato chips. Makes 2 cups.
Heat oil to 375 degrees, peel and slice taro and sweet potatoes. Fry in small batches until golden, crispy. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with macadamia hummus dip.