This is one of my favorite recipes! Although I call it a 'Breakfast Soufflé', this one def passes as a delicious lunch, dinner or mid afternoon snack for the glutenfree, paleo & gourmet crowd.
It's easy to make a bunch in advance, so you'll be covered for days. Take it on the go with you to work or to the gym! Enjoy chilled or microwave for 1 minute to reheat.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Nicole LaTorre
Chef LaTorre will be featured in our up-and-coming cooking videos and we are proud to feature her recipes!
- 10 organic eggs
- 6oz goat cheese
- 8 strips Applewood smoked bacon, dusted w a hint of cinnamon & a nice amount of fresh ground pepper (use your judgement)
- 1 med tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- Handful of fresh cilantro minced
- Grated pecorino romano cheese to flavor eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons of water to make your eggs fluffy
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1) Season your bacon strips & bake on 400 for 10-15 min or until cooked halfway through. Absorb excess fat & juices with paper towels. Chop up bacon.
2) Dice up your tomato, red onion & chop your cilantro.
3) Oil your soufflé cups. I recommend Island Olive Oil Co. Tuscan Herb Infused Oil, but EVOO will work just fine.
4) Portion out all your chopped ingredients--bacon, tomato, onion, cilantro + goat cheese, equally amongst your soufflé cups.
**Muffin tins/cups work just as well.
5) Wisk or food process your eggs w/ grated parm, water, fresh ground salt & pepper.
6) Pour egg mixture over ingredients in the soufflé cups and fill 4/5 of the way. Keep in mind, when they bake, your eggs will rise. You don't want them to over flow for it will create a mess in your oven/toaster oven.
7) Place individual soufflé cups/muffin tins on a cookie sheet to catch any excess liquid overflow when baking.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.