Pineapple bars, a very simple dessert that my mother used to make that brings back wonderful childhood memories!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 3 oz. packages lemon flavored jello
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or craisins
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix first 3 ingredients until well blended; press onto bottom of 13" x 9"-inch pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool.
Beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla in medium bowl with mixer until well blended. Whisk in non-dairy whipped topping and spread over crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Add boiling water to gelatin mixes; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in pineapple. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with cranberries. Refrigerate 2+ hours or until firm.