Adam & Lanai Tabura's Mom's Spaghettini Crab Salad
This salad is a twist on the popular mac salad that we all eat in Hawaii using spaghettini which is a thin spaghetti and stepped up with lump crab meat. The recipe is from Mom Tabura and is the salad that Adam and Lanai grew up eating. You can watch Adam creat this masterpiece on www.OC16.tv
- 16 ounces spaghettini (thin spaghetti)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 6 ounces lump crab meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain. Set aside to cool.
Chop eggs and grate carrots. Place in large bowl with onions, green onions and parsley. Add cooled pasta and mix well. Add mayonnaise, mustard, crab meat and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 2 hours or more. Taste and adjust seasoning and mayonnaise before serving. Serves 8.