Spicy Stir-Fried Kim Chee Pork
I first had this Spicy Stir-Fried Kim Chee Pork dish at a friend’s home, and she described it to me as a dish she grew up with as a child. It was made only when there was Kim Chee that had gone passed its freshness and was considered sour.
She went on to say, that in her household, unlike her relative’s, it rarely happened, since fortunately, her mother made home-made Kim Chee weekly.
- 1 lb. pork, thinly sliced
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 c. kimchee lightly squeezed dry, thinly sliced, as desired garnish:
- 1 green onion thinly chopped, toasted sesame seeds Marinade:
- 3-4 TB ko choo jang sauce
- 1 -2 tsp. Korean ground red pepper
- 3 cloves,garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 TB sake
- 1-2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB sugar
Combine the meat marinade in a bowl. Mix all of the ingredients and refrigerate overnight or minimum of 1 hour. Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat & stir fry the pork for a couple of minutes. Add onions and kim chee and stir fry until well done and brown.
For service: Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions. Serve with steamed rice. Serves 4-6.