Kim Chee Soup
There is just something about this soup that is so very soothing. It’s a great “the day after” soup! Need I say more. It is even good without the vegetables, feel free to add some sliced tofu.
- ½ lb. lean pork, thinly sliced, slivers
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- 4 TB red miso paste
- 8 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. daikon (turnip) kim chee, chopped
- 1 c. cabbage kim chee, chopped
- ½ bunch watercress, 2-inch pieces
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 (20 oz.) blk. medium tofu, cubed, optional
In a large saucepan over medium high heat; brown pork in oil. Add garlic, ginger and miso paste. Cook 2 minute. Add broth. Bring to boil. Simmer 5-10 minutes. Add kim chee, watercress and green onion; simmer 1-2 minutes.
Serve immediately. Optional to omit vegetables, add sliced tofu. Serves 4-6.